Caroline writes as fast as she can. Watch for:
The Ashmead Heirs, an all new series
When the old Earl of Clarion leaves a will with bequests for all his children, legitimate and not, listing each and their mothers by name, many lives in the village of Ashmead are complicated—especially those of The Ashmead Heirs.
- The Wayward Son, who was left the crown jewel and doesn’t want it, coming July 22, 2021
- The Defiant Daughter, who was deemed undeserving and left nothing, October 2021
- The Forgotten Daughter, who was overlooked, but demands an accounting, January 2022
- The Upright Son, the new earl with a crippled estate, who was left to pick up the pieces, May 2022
Children of Empire: the Seekers, a new set of three adventures
- The Price of Glory, this one set in Egypt and Nubia (aka Sudan). Coming July 7, 2021. Aeneas Mallet pursues knowledge that could bring him fame and respect, only to find it upended by a woman determined to serve the people of Egypt
- The Value of Pity, set in England and Italy, is in progress now for 2022. Athena Mallet is bewildered by social interaction and emotion, but she possesses a brilliant mind, ambition to be a surgeon, and prodigious knowledge of human anatomy. She’ll need them when Viscount Rochlin’s body is shattered in a carriage accident. She is determined to make him well.
- The Cost of Money, set in Scotland and New Zealand, should follow in late 2023. Archimedes Mallet disdains the academic world, and longs for the riches to be made in the rare plant trade. His drive takes him to the far side of the world, but there’s a cost to greed, and a nurseryman’s daughter, who loves him in spite of his blind pursuit of wealth, fears he will pay it.
Covers and more information as I have them.