Caroline writes as fast as she can. Watch for:
The Entitled Gentlemen
- Duke in All But Name, available in December 2022. Gideon Kendrick grew up with an abusive father who called him a half-wit cripple and a bastard. He is none of those things. Now a wealthy mine owner, he doesn’t mourn that the title passed over him to his brother, and has no intention of ever going back to the place of his misery. But when the brother, the one person he cares for, asks for help, he can’t refuse.
- Duke in Name Only, available in April 2023. Phillip Tavernash grew up surrounded by privilege. Horrified to discover that the crown confirmed his title on him instead of his brother due to their father’s fraud and bigamous second marriage, he is driven to prove that he is more than what was handed to him. He will seek a fortune of his own making in the new world. When it goes terribly wrong, he is taken in by a frontier woman and her resourceful family. Nan may just lead him to an understanding his true worth. In the meantime he’s a fish out of water.
- An Unlikely Duke, available in August 2023. Jeffrey Graham is a shipping magnate, and proud of the wealth his family has built by its own efforts. He has no patience with the people that look down their aristocratic noses on his family, even a certain title-hunting miss who attracts him in spite of her ingrained snobbery. His mother was the daughter of a Jamaican plantation owner and his enslaved housekeeper. His father began the business. He’s proud of both parents. Jeffrey had no idea his father’s grandfather was a duke, or that they’d come looking for him when he was the last male heir.
Children of Empire: the Seekers, a new set of three adventures
- The Price of Glory, this one set in Egypt and Nubia (aka Sudan). Aeneas Mallet pursues knowledge that could bring him fame and respect, only to find it upended by a woman determined to serve the people of Egypt
- The Value of Pity, set in England and Italy, is in progress now for 2023. Athena Mallet is bewildered by social interaction and emotion, but she possesses a brilliant mind, ambition to be a surgeon, and prodigious knowledge of human anatomy. She’ll need them when Viscount Rochlin’s body is shattered in a carriage accident. She is determined to make him well.
- The Cost of Money, set in Scotland and New Zealand, should follow in late 2024. Archimedes Mallet disdains the academic world, and longs for the riches to be made in the rare plant trade. His drive takes him to the far side of the world, but there’s a cost to greed, and a nurseryman’s daughter, who loves him in spite of his blind pursuit of wealth, fears he will pay it.
Covers and more information as I have them.
For news and updates as they happen