The prize is a made-to-order story of 5000 to 7000 words (or more), written for and dedicated to the winner.
Made-to-order stories work like this.
- The winner gives me two characters (one of which should be the hero or heroine and the other a minor character) and an object.
- The winner gives me a trope, a common story line or theme—reluctant groom is a trope; wounded hero is a trope; hidden child is a trope—but chose any trope that appeals to you.I will not accept tropes that involve violence or erotica.
- I write the story any way I like, but it needs to include the three choices and be an interpretation of the trop
- I send the winner an electronic copy.
- I retain copyright and I may use the story later either as it is or amended. Often it becomes a newsletter giveaway.
- I won’t use the story anywhere else until the winner has had it for at least two calendar months.
- Delivery speed will depend on how long it takes me to write the story and deliver it to the winner, but I’ll keep the winner informed.
Need trope ideas? Try these: