Waes Hael one and all—good health to you!
Wassail is a drink involving ale, sugar, eggs, spices and sometimes wine. Sometimes it is called Lambs wool. Wassailing is also the custom of going house to house with Christmas greetings, more or less what we would call caroling, with hopes of being invited in for a good hot wassail.
The Bluestocking Belles have carried the idea further and wrapped it into a progressive dinner with songs, recipes, stories, and gifts to be had at every stop.
Wrap up against the cold of Regency England, bring your own personal hero or heroine, and join the Bluestocking Belles’ Wassailing Tour. Links to the stops are below. Waes Hael!
- 4 Dec: Jude Knight: The First Course, Regency White Soup
- 7 Dec: Nicole Zoltack: The Second Course, Lobster au Gratin
- 9 Dec: Amy Rose Bennett: The Third Course, A Stuffed Christmas Turkey
- 11 Dec: Susana Ellis: The Fourth Course, A Yorkshire Pie
- 14 Dec: Vanessa Riley: The Fifth Course, English Bread
- 16 Dec: Caroline Warfield: The Sixth Course, Jerusalem Artichoke a la Crème
- 18 Dec: Sherry Ewing: The Seventh Course, Mince Pies
- 21 Dec: Mariana Gabrielle: The Eighth Course, Christmas Pudding